You have chosen the perfect hiking trail, your hiking backpack is packed and your hiking boots are ready - now only the right trekking poles are missing to bring you into your adventure on foot!
Trekking poles (walking poles, best trekking poles, hiking poles, hiking stick, best-hiking poles), as the name implies, refers to auxiliary equipment used in mountaineering. Trekking poles can bring many benefits to outdoor climbing crossing activities, such as improving the stability of walking and reducing the burden on the legs. According to research, using trekking poles while walking can reduce at least 22% of the strength given to muscle joints such as the legs and knees, making the legs feel more comfortable! And using two trekking poles at the same time can provide a better balance. Don't forget that you can't find the trunk; it can also be used as a pole to build a canopy with a waterproof cloth.
Mountaineering poles are auxiliary equipment used for outdoor activities such as mountaineering and hiking below the snow line. According to research, using trekking poles while walking can bring many benefits to people during exercise, such as:
1. Reduce 22% of the pressure on the knee joint and adequately protect the knee;
2. Improve the stability of walking, keep the body balance and avoid sports injuries;
3. Increase the range and frequency of body movements and increase walking speed;
4. Exercise your whole body muscles evenly and protect your waist and spine;
5. Reduce energy consumption by 30%;
6. Can be used as a stand for shelter from rain or awnings;
7. Encounter wild animals can be used for self-defense and so on.
1. By material: carbon fiber walking poles, (lightweight), titanium alloy, hiking poles (expensive), aluminum alloy hiking stick (cheap), wooden trekking pole (feeling)
2, according to the number of sections: three trekking poles (standard), four trekking poles (ultra-short), two trekking poles (longer), one trekking poles (not easy to carry)
3. Pressing handle: straight-handled trekking pole (professional outdoor sports), T-handled trekking pole (recreation and daily life), oblique-handled trekking pole (particular for field hiking)
Hiking trekking points
1. Check the locking: Lock the sections of the trekking poles and press down to make sure it will not break, and the locking system can bear the weight.
2. Attach a wrist strap: Attach a wrist strap when hiking, which can make you comfortable, and swing the cane back and forth. If the wrist strap will hurt your wrist, continue to look for it. The wristband is best to be soft, and also has some elasticity, which can be easily adjusted to the required firmness and not easy to fall off.
3. Selecting handles: The trekking poles with cork and foam handles are usually the first choice for hikers who sweat easily or often in the rain because these materials have good friction even when wet. The handles of rubber, plastic, and other materials will be slippery when wet, and the handle is not particularly good, but it is durable and robust. If your palms are prone to sweating, avoid using plastic grips as they tend to slide out of your palms like wet fish. Cork or foam canes are best grasped. Foam handles are warmer than cork, plastic, wood, or rubber in cold weather.
4. Select material: Aluminum trekking poles are strong, light, and cheap. Most manufacturers use aluminum alloy materials. If you are a high-quality person, you can choose a lighter new cane made of carbon fiber or titanium alloy. Carbon fiber is as strong as aluminum alloy, but it is lighter but more expensive. Titanium alloys are lighter but more expensive. The diameter of the trekking poles made of carbon fiber and titanium alloy is relatively small, which makes people feel very light. When you use them, you can throw them quickly, and it is easy to put the tip of the pole into a suitable position.
5. Select the number of knots: First, select according to the intensity of the activity. The more the number of sticks, the lower the load-bearing capacity. When leisure activities, the most prominent is easy to carry, so four sticks are the first choice, when the action has a certain intensity, choose three sticks to ensure safety.